ASA 21st Century Flight Training (eBook)
Effective flight training in this advanced technological age calls for improved teaching methods. Sean Lane's 21st Century Flight Training discusses core concepts such as flight phases, task prioritization, proficiency segments for performance maneuvers, as well as visual situational awareness — all of which lead to improved training efficiency and intelligent aeronautical decision making.
The book introduces new training models such as Integrated Sensory Flying (ISF): a concept that answers a long-awaited call for a visual flight instruction program similar to that of Basic Attitude Instruments (BAI). The new training models and teaching methods provide tools to help resolve the inherent conflict between technically advanced aircraft and an increasingly complex flight environment, and general aviation accident trends.
21st Century Flight Training teaches all the primary flight training maneuvers from the perspective of an examiner with countless checkride insights, guiding readers from initial flight instructor lessons to conducting flight reviews on their own. Flight instructor candidates are led through the development of a complete set of lesson plans, learning how to teach maneuvers, navigate oral exams and practical tests, and on to operating as twenty-first century flight instructors.
- Applying reasoning and problem solving to achieve intelligent ADM (aeronautical decision making)
- Understanding the mental airplane at work
- Human factors at work in GA
- Integrated Sensory Flying (ISF) – a visual pilot's companion to BAI (basic attitude instrument) flying
- Using visualization to triple flight lesson redundancy and achieve cost efficiencies
- Ingredients of instructional knowledge explained
- Reference integrations – correlated technical references to increase depth of knowledge
- Progress points – to improve ground reference maneuver situational awareness, accuracy, and collision avoidance
- Proficiency segments – to eliminate wasted flight time and to improve performance maneuver learning efficiency
- Links to over 300 free integrated training resources
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.