ASA A Pilot's Accident Review (eBook)
We often learn best by reviewing the mistakes of others. To this end, author John Lowery provides an in-depth analysis of prominent aviation accidents to illustrate the potential dangers during each phase of flight and the psychology behind pilot error. Lowery also demonstrates how a chain of errors—often originating from a pilot’s support team—can precipitate into fatal accidents. An understanding of these factors is key to training to become safer, more effective pilots-in-command.
A Pilot’s Accident Review provides pilots with a study of safety procedures in intense circumstances, and a survey of high-profile incidents designed to build awareness of the most preventable factors in pilot error. Covered are the primary causes of CFIT, as well as the human factors that can precipitate accidents—particularly complacency, over-confidence, and compulsion. Lowery discusses at length the JFK, Jr. and Concorde accidents, and those involving Frank Sinatra's mother, Reba McIntire's band, John Denver and Wiley Post.
John Lowery first soloed at age 16 in a Piper J-3 Cub at Auburn-Opelika Airport (AUO). After 24 years in the Air Force, he’s lived and flown all over the world working as a flight instructor and DPE, earned ATP ratings, and taught at universities and Air Force bases across the country. Now retired in California, he remains active as an aviation writer.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.