ASA Aviation Instructor's Handbook (eBook)
Designed for ground instructors, flight instructors, and aviation maintenance instructors, this Aviation Instructor’s Handbook was developed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in cooperation with aviation educators and industry to help beginning instructors understand and apply the fundamentals of instruction. It provides up-to-date information on learning and teaching, and how to apply this to the task of teaching aeronautical knowledge and skills to learners. Experienced aviation instructors will also find the information useful for improving their effectiveness in training activities. This book is a key reference tool to all the information necessary for operating as an authorized instructor and passing the Fundamentals of Instructing (FOI) FAA Knowledge Exam.
Subjects covered include risk management and single-pilot resource management, human behavior, the learning process, effective communication, the teaching process, assessments, planning instructional activity, instructor responsibilities and professionalism, and techniques of flight instruction. Appendices include a comprehensive bibliography of references, information on how to develop a test item bank, certificates and ratings endorsements, and a personal minimums checklist.
This new edition expands and updates the existing material, including scenario-based training relative to assessments, the submission process of an Airman Certificate and/or Rating application through IACRA, and endorsements. It also incorporates new areas of safety concerns and technical information not previously covered, such as referencing the Airman Certification Standards (ACS) alongside the Practical Test Standards (PTS), teaching practical risk management during flight instruction, and information for Remote Pilots.
This book is the official FAA source for teaching flight and many test questions for the FAA Knowledge Exams for instructors come from this reference. Complete with chapter summaries; detailed, full-color drawings and photographs throughout; and a glossary and index.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.