ASA Dictionary of Aeronautical Terms (eBook)
The Seventh Edition of Dale Crane’s Dictionary of Aeronautical Terms contains more than 12,000 accurate, aviation-specific terms and definitions. This ultimate reference collects all of the terms in Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations, glossaries from FAA handbooks, advisory circulars, the Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM) and Pilot/Controller Glossary, as well as definitions not found in government publications.
This new edition accounts for the continuing evolution of aviation and aerospace industries, to include drones, commercial space and urban mobility. New terms and definitions for weather products, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), human factors, and aerodynamics have been added, and terms pertinent to dispatchers and airline operations such as ETOPS and ADS-B. Nearly 500 illustrations further define and aid visual recognition of the terms, and useful tables and lists are included in appendices.
This comprehensive dictionary is an essential reference book for anyone involved with aviation and space organizations—administrators, pilots, maintenance technicians, drone operators, colleges and universities, air traffic controllers, manufacturers, engineers, government agencies, airlines, and corporate flight departments—as well as newcomers to the industry, and those who speak English as a second language.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.