ASA Essentials of Advanced Composite Fabrication & Repair (eBook)
ADVANCED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY is constantly changing and embracing new developments daily, yet most of the basics needed to successfully design, fabricate and repair composite structures remain the same. Essentials of Advanced Composite Fabrication & Repair works as the perfect introductory textbook for beginners yet is also functional for the composite professional. It teaches the concepts and methods in a simple and straightforward way for a wide array of composite fundamentals, including fiber and matrix selection, molding methods, curing and achieving desired properties, tooling, testing and non-destructive inspection, step-by-step repair instructions and troubleshooting, key environmental, health and safety issues, and much more.
New for this Second Edition are an introduction to nanomaterials in composites, and improved molding methods, adhesive bonding, joining and fastening coverage. Also updated with the advances in matrix technology and fiber reinforcements, as well as tooling, filament winding and various testing and inspection method improvements.
Based on the authors’ combined 110 years in the industry, this textbook is also a compendium of industry information, presented with full-color illustrations and photography. Fabric styles, core types, design guides, and detailed product information in the industry, and more, makes this book essential to anyone working in composites — from material and process engineers, to repair technicians and maintenance mechanics. Including bibliographic information, a glossary and index, it also serves as the companion textbook to most Abaris Training basic courses.
Some of the subjects covered in Essentials of Advanced Composite Fabrication and Repair include:
- History and development of composite and advanced composite materials
- Matrix technology
- Fiber reinforcements
- Molding methods and practices
- Core materials
- And much more
Anyone working in composites, from material and process engineers, to repair technicians and maintenance mechanics, to composite fabricators and design personnel will find the help they need in this volume, which is the companion textbook for most Abaris Training basic courses and the perfect companion textbook for your college or A&P composite program.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.