ASA Global Navigation for Pilots (eBook)
Flight accomplished over longer distances and across international borders takes special knowledge; this book is for pilots who want to know more about both the planning and execution of international flights, from the basic knowledge of air navigation expected of an instrument-rated private pilot, and onward. This Third Edition of Global Navigation for Pilots: International Flight Techniques and Procedures is written and updated by Dale DeRemer, Ph.D. and Gary M. Ullrich, and serves as the continuation of what has been the definitive textbook on long-distance, trans-oceanic flight navigation and operations since 1993.
This book covers long-range navigation techniques and procedures, and international flight planning, systems, and regulations; also trans-oceanic navigation and European flight planning. Some topics include GPS, RVSM airspace, featureless terrain navigation, celestial concepts important to pilots, ICAO aircraft registry information, and how to get your flight department ready to fly internationally. Study questions or classroom exercises included with most chapters. Fully illustrated; includes industry-acronym glossary and index.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.