ASA Guide to the Flight Review (eBook)
This book is an effective tool for both the applicant and the flight instructor and has separate sections for each. The Sixth Edition has been updated to reflect current rules and procedures and includes:
- Information for Private Pilots wanting to fly Light Sport Aircraft without a medical certificate (as a Sport Pilot).
- Information pertinent to today's operational environment and areas of emphasis such as ADM, risk management, scenario-based training, and the sport pilot and light-sport aircraft categories.
- The FAA's "Conducting an Effective Flight Review" guidance document provides specific recommendations for the ground review, flight activities, post-flight debriefing, and pilot improvement plans.
- The FAA's online flight review course is referenced throughout, encouraging both applicants and instructors to take advantage of this excellent (and free) new resource.
- Questions-and-answer format for the ground review portion of the flight review is an excellent refresher for the information all pilots need to know.
- Sample written quiz, which can be used to meet the ground training requirement.
- For instructors, helpful recommendations on how to conduct the flight review, with a synopsis of practical test standards for the maneuvers at both the Private and Commercial level.
- Appendix has reprints of the flight review regulation (14 CFR 61.56) and other helpful and important FAA resources, including a comprehensive checklist that helps both applicants and instructors ensure they not only meet legal standards but gain useful insight in following through with the flight review requirement.
The flight review must include 1 hour of ground instruction as well as 1 hour of flight instruction. The information provided in this book may be used by instructors to fulfill these requirements.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.