ASA Instrument Flying Handbook (eBook)
This is the FAA's primary pilot resource for instrument flight rules (IFR) covering everything pertinent to operating an aircraft in instrument meteorological conditions (IMC) or without reference to outside visuals, relying solely on the information gleaned from the cockpit. Readers will find chapters on the national airspace system, the air traffic control system, human factors, aerodynamics, flight instruments, flight maneuvers for IFR operations, navigation, emergency operations, as well as helicopter operations and more.
The material in this manual applies to both conventional steam-gauge analog instrumentation and the glass cockpit electronic flight displays found in advanced aircraft. Information is well organized into separate coverage of the traditional 6-pack and discussions of pictorial tape displays. Advanced systems are covered, including flight management systems, the primary flight display (PFD) and multi-function display (MFD), synthetic vision, and traffic advisory systems. The book also features a synopsis of instrument clearance shorthand, as well as an instrument training lesson guide.
The Instrument Flying Handbook is designed for use by flight instructors, pilots preparing for the Instrument Rating FAA Knowledge and Practical Exams, and instrument-rated pilots looking for a refresher or preparing for an Instrument Proficiency Check (IPC). Illustrated throughout with detailed, full-color drawings and photographs; comprehensive glossary and index.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.