ASA Instrument Procedures Handbook (eBook)
The Instrument Procedures Handbook is a technical reference manual for professional pilots who operate under instrument flight rules (IFR). It provides real-world guidance on how instrument-rated pilots can best use the system they've trained for, as well as in-depth coverage of instrument charts and procedures for IFR takeoff, departure, en route, arrival, approach, and landing.
For every navigation receiver and phase of flight, this handbook details the required precision that is needed to stay within protected airspace and make a successful approach. Safety information for relevant subjects such as runway incursion, land hand hold short operations, controlled flight into terrain, and human factors issues are covered here. the emphasis is on airplane operations, but the book also contains a chapter dedicated to helicopter instrument procedures.
The Instrument Procedures Handbook expands on the FAA's Instrument Flying Handbook (FAA-H-8083-15). This handbook introduces advanced information for IFR operations. Airline Transport Pilots (ATP), Instrument pilots, Instrument Flight Instructors (CFIIs), and students preparing for the instrument rating will find this a valuable resource in studying for the FAA Knowledge Exams and getting ready for their checkrides. Illustrated throughout with detailed, full-color drawings and photographs; also includes acronyms list, glossary and index.
Last updated in 2015, this 2017 edition includes editorial wording changes for clarity and consistency, updated terminology to reflect current rules and procedures, while updated graphics and illustrations improve the appearance, readability and understanding. In-depth sections on instrument charts and procedures cover all phases of flight from takeoff to landing. Each topic covered is well-detailed and explained in user-friendly terms.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.