ASA Making Perfect Takeoffs & Landings in Light Airplanes (eBook)
This is a newly combined edition of Ron Fowler's "Making Perfect Takeoffs" and "Making Perfect Landings" which were previously published separately.
Many pilots resign themselves to imperfect takeoffs and landings merely because they don't realize that even the pros must work at each of these critical phases of flight. "Making Perfect Takeoffs and Landings in Light Airplanes" shows pilots how to develop total awareness for the situation, the airplane, and the self—and to convert that awareness into perfect takeoffs and landings. The detailed yet easy-to-follow steps given here ensure pilots have the knowledge they need to go beyond rote-learned reactions and develop excellent flying skills. The author’s easy, conversational approach to teaching speaks to all pilots who thrive on the personal challenge of striving for excellence.
Each chapter defines a specific takeoff or landing situation and the set of characteristics unique to it. Fowler presents the methods—and the logic behind the methods—that allow the pilot to master techniques key to normal takeoffs and landings, crosswind procedures, short- and soft-field operations, night procedures, critical landing situations, slips, tailwheel operations, and more. The tips and techniques shared here are useful to the typical rated private pilot, yet the book addresses the needs of the solo student pilot, to the thousand-hour pilot and the flight instructor as well.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.