ASA Oral Exam Guide - ATP (eBook)
This new 5th edition is an extensive update to comply with the ATP Airman Certification Standards (ACS) and Advisory Circular 61-138 Airline Transport Pilot Certification Training Program, ensuring ATP applicants will be familiar with what they will be expected to know, consider and do. Information has been updated and added for current regulations, procedures and equipment to include ADS-B, TIS-B, NOTAMs (domestic and security), weather services including the flight risk assessment tool and risk management.
This guide has more than 100 pages than previous editions, with chapters dedicated to system operations, performance and limitations, weather information, high altitude aerodynamics, air carrier operations, human factors, and regulations. Appendices provide the FAA’s ATP Airplane Multiengine Applicant Qualifications Job Aid and the ATP Practical Test Checklist.
Written to help prepare applicants for their oral exams with FAA examiners. Using a question-and-answer format, each Oral Exam Guide lists the questions most likely to be asked by examiners and provides succinct, ready responses. An excellent study tool for pilots gearing up for their checkride, airman check, or interview. Flight instructors find these an indispensable part of the test preparation process, teaching ATP candidates how to exhibit subject mastery and confidence when under the examiner’s scrutiny.
All the subjects an ATP candidate will be tested on during checkrides, career interviews, and aircraft transition rides are covered. Chapters are dedicated to turbine aircraft theory, performance and limitations, airline operational procedures, aeronautical decision making (ADM) and crew resource management (CRM), regulations, and instrument procedures.
Answers and explanations were researched using FAA documents (and are identified so readers know where to go for further study on any given question) as well as through interviews with a variety of airline pilots, 121/135 operators, and examiners. The ATP Oral Exam Guide teaches applicants not only what to expect, but also how to exhibit subject mastery and confidence when they’re under the examiner’s scrutiny. It identifies the candidates' strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in their aeronautical knowledge, which increases study efficiency.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.