ASA Pilot Medical Handbook - Human Factors for Successful Flying (eBook)
Being a safe pilot requires more than completing flight training and staying current. Full competency comes from the ability of a pilot to develop a keen awareness of the physiological aspects of flying, as well as those that influence workload and fatigue, decision making, and situational awareness. The Pilot Medical Handbook was compiled as a guide for study in these areas. With the Medical Handbook for Pilots Advisory Circular (AC 67-2) long discontinued, this new handbook is the only printed resource available with a collection of applicable FAA and Civil Aerospace Medical Institute (CAMI) documents, articles and reports.
- Assessing and determining personal minimums
- Medical certification questions and answers
- Stress management
- Information for pilots considering LASIK surgery
- Visual illusions and spatial disorientation
- Flying safely with passengers
- and much more!
Pilots must thoroughly consider the human element and inherent physiological aspects of flight—as well as the machine and weather—if safety is to be maintained. Pilots can use the plentiful information in this handbook to help them make consistent, informed go/no-go and inflight decisions.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.