ASA Pilots in Command (eBook)
Airline pilots are looked upon as leaders by passengers, crew, and employers alike. Newly hired pilots, as well as current pilots upgrading to become Captains, are required to have training, experience, and skills that demonstrate practical leadership ability and professionalism. Beyond accumulated experience in the flight deck, pilots need straightforward guidance on how to fulfill the role of pilot-in-command. Pilots know that when things go wrong, everyone looks to the Captain—the pilot-in-command—to make things right.
Pilots In Command: Your Best Trip, Every Trip goes beyond what is required by flight training curricula, into what is both a rarity and a necessity: solid advice to student and professional aviators about how to be transformational leaders. This third edition offers new insights into the airline training process, common experiences, and practices new pilots face when entering the airline industry; expands the previous edition’s discussions on culture, professionalism, pilot schedules and bidding, and safety for today’s airline operations; and includes new tips on maintaining professional excellence and optimizing your quality of life as an airline pilot. This edition also includes a new chapter on preparing for and completing the initial qualifications course, encompassing aircraft systems training, flight deck procedures training, maneuvers training, line oriented flight training (LOFT), and the line oriented evaluation.
Focusing on a range of topics that all tie into the application of basic leadership skills, the author covers crew roles, crew briefings, flight attendants, crew resource management (CRM), threat and error management (TEM), ground services, dispatch, customer service, abnormal and emergency situations, layovers, crew dynamics, 14 CFR Part 117 rest rules, safety, and a new model of transformational leadership and professionalism for pilots.
Especially relevant for new airline pilots and Captain upgrade candidates, Pilots In Command shares the insights and techniques typically gained only from years of experience and interaction with your fellow pilots and crew at 35,000 feet.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.