ASA Practical Safety Management Systems (eBook)
The advent of the safety management system (SMS) has affected all aviation sectors worldwide, and is now required for most domestic and international air operations, through either regulatory (14 CFR Parts 5, 119, or 121) or voluntary compliance. It’s easy to be intimidated by the scope and complexity of SMS, but Practical Safety Management Systems distills the concepts and principles into a practical working format. Universities and training organizations will find guidance and resources to create, implement, and maintain a functioning SMS.
An SMS must be adapted and continuously improved to meet an organization’s mission while reducing risk to the lowest viable level for flight departments, independent contractors servicing the aviation industry, air traffic services, and more. Beyond mere theory, this book encourages hands-on exercise and practical application of SMS concepts and principles to varied industry areas such as flight crews, maintenance, air traffic control, airports, and unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
Beginning with an overview and history of SMS, chapters cover SMS components, costs and development process, approaches to safety culture, human factors, audits and evaluations, and more. Each chapter concludes with review questions. Extensive case studies and references are provided throughout, with additional resources supplied in a “Reader Resources” webpage. Practical Safety Management Systems is a useful guide for transforming your safety program into an up-to-date and beneficial safety management system.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.