ASA Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Guide (eBook)
The utility and benefits of small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS) are being increasingly recognized across the aviation industry. While this technology is not new, its ability to support domestic public and private operators is becoming better understood, opening up new uses to government organizations and commercial enterprise. Small UAS are expected to become the most prevalent and affordable form of unmanned aircraft available, with applications for both business and recreation ranging from hobby model aircraft communities to defense contracting.
Beginning with the history and evolution of UAS, this book covers typical sUAS designs (including types of multirotor, fixed-wing, and hybrid), major elements and equipment, related technology, common uses, and safety practices, while also providing guidance and resources to help you make well-informed decisions regarding purchase and use and determine a path forward through the complex legal, business, operational, and support considerations.
Whether using sUAS to address a business need or for recreation, this text provides you with the knowledge to acquire necessary certification approvals, evaluate and purchase an sUAS, and operate in a safe, efficient, and effective manner. Written for experienced aviators as well as those new to aviation and operating in the National Airspace System, the easy-to-read format features 230 illustrations, a list of abbreviations, and index. The author's experience and insight into the technical, operational, and regulatory considerations will assist you in shaping your own strategy for use of this (r)evolutionary technology.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.