ASA Test Pilot: 1,001 Things You Thought You Knew About Aviation (eBook)
Regarding his choice of questions for the "Test Pilot" column material, Barry Schiff asserts, "... If the answer isn't surprising, educational, or entertaining, I don't want it ..." Schiff is on a continuous quest for aviation knowledge—and the flight instructor in him wants to share it.
Organized into eight chapters, the book presents fun facts on the following subjects: History, Piloting, Navigation, Weather, Aircraft, Airlines and Military, Facts of Flight, Procedures and Regulations.
Through multiple choice, true/false, fill-in-the-blank, mix-and-match, and essay questions, the reader is challenged to derive the answer before finding it at the end of the chapter.
A true aviation buff, the author teaches new information, clarifies points commonly misunderstood, and provides a wealth of knowledge on the aviation industry. It is illustrated throughout with unique and entertaining photographs from Barry Schiff's own collection. Foreword by: Thomas B. Haines.
"Q: A pilot is taxiing along a narrow taxiway at an uncontrolled airport on a cloudless day when he notices another 172 approaching from the opposite direction. Without stopping, how can both pilots be certain that their wingtips will not touch as they pass one another?"
Some questions share tips from a pro; other material will spark lively discussions for hangar flying.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.