ASA The Advanced Pilot's Flight Manual (eBook)
The Commercial license preparation manual from William K Kershner's "The Flight Manuals Series." Updated and edited by his son William C. Kershner.
The Advanced Pilot’s Flight Manual has long been a standard reference for pilots transitioning to advanced models and types and preparing for the Commercial Pilot knowledge and flight tests. This book bridges the gap between theory and practical application, covering the fundamentals of airplane aerodynamics and aircraft performance. Rules of thumb are used throughout as a means of presenting a clearer picture of the recommended performance parameters, and increasing understanding of the variable factors that affect aircraft operations such as altitude and temperature. Knowledge of these thumb rules will enable pilots to maximize performance when operating faster aircraft and at higher altitudes.
Chapters are dedicated to:
- Airplane performance and stability for pilots
- Checking out in advanced models and types
- Emergencies and unusual situations
- Advanced navigation
- High-altitude Operations
- Preparing for the commercial knowledge and practical tests
With over six decades of experience as pilot-incommand in more than 100 types and models of airplanes, Bill Kershner was an FAA/General Aviation Flight Instructor of the Year, named Elder Statesman of Aviation, and inducted into the Flight Instructor Hall of Fame. His son, William C. Kershner, was soloed by his father, and holds Flight Instructor and Airline Transport Pilot certiﬁ cates. He has ﬂ own 22 types of airplanes in his over 15,000+ hours of ﬂight time, ranging from Cessna 150s to Boeing 777s.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.