ASA The Instrument Flight Manual (eBook)
The Instrument Flight Manual contains everything students need to know to obtain an FAA instrument rating and serves as a great reference source for the instrument pilot needing a refresher. In this Eighth Edition, author William K. Kershner, presents the basics of instrument flying in a manner easy to grasp in its straightforward and conversational writing style, with illustrations that aid understanding. Covered subjects include airplane performance and basic instrument flying, navigation and communications, clearances, planning IFR flight, and carrying out the instrument flight itself from preflight, takeoff and departure, en route, through to the approach and landing phases.
This book also helps prepare students for the knowledge and practical tests, with an opportunity to practice a scenario flight—including clearances. A comprehensive “Instrument Rating Syllabus” is provided for the instrument trainee and the CFII, making this textbook a valuable learning source for both to consult while completing the last steps toward obtaining the instrument rating.
With over six decades of experience as pilot-in-command in more than 100 types and models of airplanes, Bill Kershner was FAA/General Aviation Flight Instructor of the Year in 1992, and named Elder Statesman of Aviation in 1997. He was inducted into the Flight Instructor Hall of Fame in 1998. His son, William C. Kershner, was soloed by his father, and holds Commercial, Flight Instructor and Airline Transport Pilot certificates. He has flown 22 types of airplanes in his over 15,000 hours of flight time, ranging from Cessna 150s to Boeing 777s.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.