ASA The Pilot's Manual: Instrument Flying (eBook)
An Instrument Rating opens new doors—enabling a pilot to fly more, day or night, in clear or cloudy weather. A pilot with an Instrument Rating is a skilled aviator who has demonstrated mastery of the airplane’s instrument systems and can use preflight and enroute information, aeronautical decision making (ADM), and their knowledge of procedures and regulations to execute a safe flight. The Pilot’s Manual: Instrument Flying provides everything a pilot needs to earn their Instrument Rating and fly safely under instrument flight rules (IFR) and in instrument meteorological conditions (IMC).
The eighth edition of Instrument Flying covers all of the required knowledge and skills outlined in the Airman Certification Standards to pass the FAA Knowledge Exam and checkride for the Instrument Rating, from basic attitude instrument flying to IFR procedures. Students will also learn effective preflight planning, navigation, and meteorology. Clear text and hundreds of full-color illustrations simplify complicated IFR procedures and maneuvers such as holding patterns, intercepting and tracking a course, and flying an approach with crosswinds. This edition has been updated to reflect upgrades to the National Airspace System (NAS) infrastructure, new navigation technologies, and changing weather services available to pilots.
Also included are study questions and answer keys to aid home or classroom study and an extensive glossary of aviation acronyms.
Foreword by Barry Schiff. This book is part of The Pilot’s Manual Series—used by leading universities as their standard classroom texts.
Also available in The Pilot’s Manual Series:
- Flight School: Master the flight maneuvers required for private, commercial, and instructor certification
- Ground School: Pass the FAA Knowledge Exam and operate as a private or commercial pilot
- Multi-Engine Flying: Add a Multi-Engine Rating to your pilot certificate
- Airline Transport Pilot: Complete the ATP CTP and become an aviation professional
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.