ASA The Turbine Pilot's Flight Manual (eBook)
Whether you're preparing for turbine ground school, priming for a corporate or airline interview - or even if you're upgrading into your first personal jet or turboprop - "The Turbine Pilot's Flight Manual is designed for you. With precision and a sense of humor, authors Greg Brown and Mark Holt cover all the basics for turbine pilot operations, clearly explaining the differences between turbine aircraft and their piston engine counterparts.
This manual clarifies the complex topics of turbine aircraft engines and all major power and airframe systems, subjects that are pertinent to flying bigger, faster, and more advanced aircraft. It includes discussions on high-speed aerodynamics, wake turbulence, coordinating multi-pilot crews, and navigating in high-altitude weather. You'll be introduced to state-of-the-art cockpit instrumentation including flight management systems (FMS), global navigation (GPS), and headup guidance systems (HGS or HUD). You'll also learn the operating principles of hazard avoidance systems including weather radar, ground proximity warning systems (GPWS) and predictive wind shear systems (PWS).
This Third Edition of The Turbine Pilot's Flight Manual details the concepts and operational principles of the latest-generation cockpit instrumentation, navigation (RNAV/RNP), and communication procedures and equipment (datalink and ADS-B) that are only just now becoming operationally available. Also, learn about the latest engine performance management techniques (such as reduced vs. derated thrust). Included are a glossary of airline and corporate aviation terminology, handy turbine pilot rules-of-thumb, and an updated turbine aircraft "Spotter's Guide." The authors clarify these complex topics with a wealth of illustrations many now in full color! Additional information is available online where readers can access narrated color animations that make these systems easier than ever to understand.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.