ASA Train Like You Fly: Guide to Scenario-Based Training (eBook)
Scenario-based training (SBT) uses a script of real-world experiences to address flight training objectives. Scenarios are powerful training tools precisely because the future is unpredictable. Train Like You Fly explores the key ingredients necessary to make a good pilot, and shares practical techniques to bring it all into the cockpit. Using scenarios, both students and expert pilots will develop, practice, and rehearse their judgment and decision-making skills.
These guidelines and tips will help flight instructors expand their services to reach well beyond the FAA Airman Certification Standards and Practical Test Standards, and help students train like they fly so they fly like they train. In this book, instructors will gain insight on creating scenarios and learn how to:
- Teach systematic risk reduction
- Incorporate aeronautical decision making (ADM), and develop critical thinking skills in their students
- Employ effective grading and evaluation
- Help new CFIs gain from the most effective habits of experienced instructors
- Implement scenario-based training into their current teaching methods
Flight instructor extraordinaire and flight school owner/operator Arlynn McMahon has helped more than 1,000 students and CFIs fulfill their dreams of flight since 1984. She is a nationally recognized, professional aviation educator and leader in the field.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.