ASA Flying IFR
NOTE: EBOOK DOWNLOAD ONLY
Where the initial instrument checkride leaves off with the applicant receiving a "dry" instrument ticket, this book provides the information necessary to "get it wet."
Author Richard Collins shares his experience in this guide to the real world of instrument flight, detailing the IFR system, equipment, and exploring the risks and rewards of instrument flying. The invaluable discussions on instrument airmanship, weather analysis, flight planning and decision making, handling equipment glitches, and that critical survival skill - partial panel flying - are all presented for the sole objective of better preparing you to fly on IFR flight plans.
This fifth edition takes into account the current IFR environment, equipment and technologies, and includes chapters dedicated to:
- Light airplane operation in the middle high altitudes beginning at 18,000 feet
- The relationship between systems - including autopilots - and instrument flying
- Using all resources and technologies to file flight plans, obtain and interpret weather information, and prepare flight plans for the best preflight readiness
- Managing stress
- IFR flight in and around ice, thunderstorms, and at night
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.