The Complete Remote Pilot, Second Edition (eBook)
This textbook is for anyone interested in pursuing and obtaining a Remote Pilot Certificate, which is required in order to operate drones for commercial use. With a friendly and readable style, the authors cover all of the details involved in becoming a competent, responsible, and safe remote pilot, opening up tremendous opportunities for flying increasingly affordable and sophisticated small uncrewed aircraft systems (sUAS).
An FAA Knowledge Exam is a requirement for earning a Remote Pilot Certificate. The Complete Remote Pilot is designed to not only prepare you for the exam but to teach you about how drones fly, their components and systems, and the aeronautical knowledge required to fly in the same airspace as crewed aircraft. This book covers specifics on drone terminology, regulations, airspace and navigation, airport and off-airport operations, radio communication procedures, weather, aerodynamics and aircraft performance, emergency procedures, human factors, maintenance, and preflight inspection procedures.
This second edition incorporates regulation changes in 14 CFR Parts 89 and 107 for sUAS equipment; operating at night and over people; remote pilot knowledge, training, and certification; and remote identification of uncrewed aircraft. The required aeronautical knowledge is augmented with specific tips and techniques, checklists, and mnemonic devices, as well as review questions for each chapter similar to the type found on the FAA test, a comprehensive glossary, and index. You will gain the practical knowledge needed to pass the FAA Knowledge Exam and understand how to operate safely as a remote pilot in the U.S. National Airspace System.
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.