We Have a No Crash Policy (eBook)
The aircraft we fly and fly in are masterpieces of engineering. They have transformed what was once unimaginable into everyday experience. How is this possible? What lies beneath the global aviation system we have today, and its phenomenal safety record? We Have a No Crash Policy explains the technology and human factors in flying from the pilot’s point of view, in an understandable, humorous way.
Learning to fly is a dream for many – and is also an excellent platform for life lessons in emotional intelligence, risk management, judgment, and decision making. Through engaging stories about flight, readers will learn how interpersonal skills can be tested in the course of attempting hard things, and how a good outcome often depends on the right combination of passion, desire, and skill.
A must read for pilots, aspiring aviators, and passengers interested in the details of aircraft, aerodynamics, propulsion, weather, and what goes on in the cockpit. Readers will get the vicarious experience of flying a wide variety of aircraft while improving their knowledge of the technical aspects of flying. What does it take to fly a WWII fighter, or land without a working engine? What causes flight delays, and those scary near-misses? The answers are revealed over the course of one pilot’s story of 40 years of flying, from cardboard glider to modern jet airplane. Using teachable moments with storytelling, We Have A No Crash Policy is a practical guide to both the discipline of flying and the factors that predict safe outcomes and mission success both in life and in the cockpit.
"They say that good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment. This book chronicles an evolution of a safe approach to flying. Adam has keen insights about how we learn and how to refine a sense for managing risk and smart decision-making. This book will be invaluable for pilots and non-pilots alike." —Lt. Col. John “Wily” Rahill | F-16 instructor, ATP pilot, combat veteran, EAA Young Eagles pilot, and Skywagon driver
Some Notes About eBooks:
- ASA eBooks are for one person's use and can be read on up to five devices total using e-reader applications that are compatible with an Adobe ID.
- Order when you need it! Carrying inventory of this item is optional. If your customer asks for it, you can order and take delivery of the product immediately!
- If you have any questions about eBooks, please call us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Once the eBook is ordered and delivered, ASA offers no return policy. Once the code leaves our facility, ASA can no longer control it or tell if copies have been made. Therefore, ASA has issued this no returns policy and we must follow suit. Please verify your quantities before shipping.
1. Create an ADOBE DIGITAL ID by visiting www.adobe.com and clicking sign in.
2. Install ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS by visiting www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html. Once it is installed, you must authorize it with your Adobe ID prior to opening your ebook. Open Adobe Digital Editions, click the Help button in the top toolbar and select Authorize Computer from the dropdown menu to authorize the reader.
3. Install a Reader: ASA eBooks can be installed on up to five (5) devices. Each device brand has unique characteristics and installation instructions. To read ASA eBooks on more than one device, the reader applications on those devices must be authorized with your Adobe ID. Additionally, each may require the download of a free reader. Use the key below to know which reader works best for your device:
- PC or Apple Desktop/Laptop - no reader required, use Adobe Digital Editions directly.
- Apple mobile devices - Install ASA Reader from the App Store.
- Android tablet or phone devices - Install Bluefire Reader from the Google Play App Store.
- Kindle Fire - Install Bluefire Reader directly from Bluefire at http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=158
Download your eBook.From your device, go to www.asa2fly.com and click redeem a voucher at the top of the page. Enter your ASA account ID and password (or create one) and input the 25 digit code that will be issued to you once this eBook is purchased from the Pilot Supply website.